Monday, December 19, 2005

Bush's News Conference -Arrogance surfaces again


Link
President Bush got a bit testy this morning at his news conference when a reporter asked him about his unchecked powers because of his decision to bypass the FISA court and authorized spying on Americans by the NSA. His comment back to the reporter was hostile saying in essence, "I don't use dictatorial powers". Well I'm sorry Mr. Bush, you and brother Cheney act like that is exactly what you want. I agree with Sen. Feingold that you have broken the law and that you are not above the law. It was a pretty good switch wasn't it to have Gonzales to replace Ashcroft. Now he can rule that everything you do is within the law. Other's need to wake up to this grab for unlimited power. And stop saying you briefed members of Congress like they are all in agreement. They couldn't speak about what you did because they obeyed the law and kept this secret even though they didn't agree with it. You didn't, you broke the law by doing it!

Stop using the reasoning of protecting us as your justification for your contempt of us. I feel less protected since you and VP Cheney took office than I have since I was a child. I feel less secure, more responsible for taking care of myself than I ever had. If you want to protect us, figure out what you did wrong and your officials in your name did wrong, when Katrina happened. Stop looking for local officials to blame. Using the words of being responsible is not the same as truly being accountable, where your actions change as a result of your new understanding.

And by the way, why haven't you captured Osama? Oh I forgot, "it's hard work"!

What is inexcusable is that the Senate and House hasn't started proceedings for you and Cheney's impeachment. God help us all! Will someone with courage in the House or Senate consider impeaching both of them please. This arrogance is why we are despised across the world. The elections in 2006 can't come too soon for me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Technorati Profile