Tuesday, June 03, 2008

Barack Obama Democratic nominee. History is made!

I have more faith tonight in America than I have had in a long time. I know it will be a long general election process. But it is heartwarming to see the outpouring of praise for America in choosing Barack Obama from such people as South Africa's Archbishop Desmond Tutu and written about in morning newspapers from across the world. Much praise is being given our country for its ability to choose a Democratic Presidential candidate who is an Africa-American, when only 42 years ago the Voting Rights Act was passed and Martin Luther King gave his famous speech, "I have a Dream". I will savour this moment for at least a week. Then it's back to the reality of politics and we will all learn what will be the hurdles Barack will have to jump. But for now, it's a wonderful night.

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Technorati Profile