Sunday, July 31, 2005

Muslim Clerics and Scholars are speaking out

Link
I have been stating that in order to solve the terrorist problem we need more help from the Muslim scholars and clerics. I wish to publicize the help when I see it. Well, in my local area, Imam Mehdi Khorasani, who leads the Islamic Society of California's center in Fairfax California, located within Marin County, has organized a series of meeting recently to condemn the use of terrorism under any circumstances. According to our local paper, the Marin IJ, the meetings were held in conjunction with the 18-member Figh Council of North America decree that Muslims were barred from helping "any individual or group that is involved in any act of terrorism or violence." More excerpts are cited below.

"In the Figh Council's edict, called a fatwa, the scholars wrote, 'There is no justification in Islam for extremism or terrorism. Targeting civilians' life and property through suicide bombings or any other method of attack is harem - or forbidden.'

...While the Muslim world does not look to America as a center of Islamic thinking, U.S. Muslims wanted to send a message about their faith. Muslim leaders lament that their repeated condemnations of terrorism since 9/11 /01 attacks have been ignored."

Well I hope that many more bloggers will look in their communities fro the voice of the Muslims that also denounce these acts of terrorism and post some excerpts if the media won't. My thanks to my local paper the Marin IJ, for doing so.

Well I hope that many more bloggers will look in their communities for the voice of the Muslims that also denounce these acts of terrorism and post some excerpts. My thanks to my local paper, the Marin IJ, for doing so.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Technorati Profile