Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Promote a National Gasoline Boycott Sept. 22 & 23rd

Link
The news is starting to shift to things other than Katrina, namely gasoline prices. That usually means the crisis has turned the corner. But I want to stay on the gasoline story for a moment.

On Lou Dobbs program on CNN this hour, Lou showed the investigation into why prices are so high as Senators came to some conclusions that the companies are gouging us. Lou said he had some ideas, which he didn't share, to reduce prices. I was thinking of this and came up with the idea of having a 2 day boycott of using any gasoline to drive cars, mow lawns etc., by the areas not affected by the tragedy directly. We can walk, ride a bike or do without for just 2 days and inventories will climb while prices should drop.

I suggest we use Sept. 22 and 23rd for a nationwide boycott. I hope other Bloggers will pick this up and start promoting this. This will allow the needed gasoline for the continued relief efforts to be available, as well as show the oil companies what we can do if we choose to as a nation. Come join me, as I will observe this boycott.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Technorati Profile