Tuesday, September 12, 2006

ABC News "Path to 9/11" was shameful

I watched the entire 2-night program. In reviewing my feelings at the end of the series to determine what they were trying to create in the viewer. I was mad, frustrated and had a lot of fear generated. I realized this program, while all the disclaimers were announced at the beginning of each day, tried to manipulate me into believing that the Clinton Administration team of Sandy Berger, Madeline Albright and William Cohen, were a bunch of bureaucratic incompetents, which I don't believe. Much of the series dealt with the Clinton Administration and not much on the Bush Administration. I left with the feeling that the Bush Administration was much more on top of this than the 9/11 Commission had actually reported in their 2 books, which I have and have read.

The actual day where the program showed the Twin Towers and Paul O'Neill, former FBI memeber and who had just started his job as Security head at the World Trade Center and died on 9/11, was done well, but I would have liked more shown on the plane that crashed in Pennsylvania by brave souls attacking the terrorists. But all in all it was a major distrortion of events leading up to 9/11 and too politically bent. I am afraid that President Bush may have gained some sympathy for 9/11 on his watch.

ABC news should be ashamed of this slanted documentary, as it was less than what I had expected from the broadcast company.

UPDATE Sept. 12th

Today on Wolf Blitzer's Situation Room, William Cohen, Republican and former Secretary of Defense in the Clinton Administration, said that the documentary was NOT reflective of the situation nor comments made by Sandy Berger, nor Madeline Albright. He said ABC should not have done what they did with these misleading statements and comments. I will add a big AMEN!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Technorati Profile