Thursday, November 13, 2008

Post Market analysis Nov. 13, 2008

The market did what I had expected it to, it went down below 8,000 and quickly bounced back up and the market closed up about 550 points to 8,800. This was simply amazing. There are several pieces of information which tells me that the market is not ready to go lower at this time.

The first piece of data was that the Volume today was significantly higher than yesterday and ending on a high note, which is a good thing. Secondly, the ratio of Insider Buying to Insider Selling was significantly higher today. This has not been the case for weeks. Also there seemed to be a positive reaction when it was announced that Sen. Chris Todd said there were no votes from Republicans in favor of a rescue for the Auto makers. I do not agree with the Republican rejection of a bailout. I have clearly stated a number of conditions for a bailout, the first being GM files for bankruptcy and the shareholders lose their investment, management loses their jobs and their is a government oversight of the company with conditions favoring more environmentally responsive measures.

Getting back to the market. We will stay between the low of 7,965 to the recent high of about 9,700. To make money you will need to play the range and when the Dow Index approaches either end of the band, take an action to buy or sell. I tried to sell my Shorts but failed to do so. I should have had an order in that executed without my need for a manual trade. I learned my lesson and it won't happen again. I also was preparing a trade to Buy an Ultra Long ETF of the S&P500, symbol SSO, but I didn't make it in time. Lesson learned, move on. :yeah:

Labels: , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Technorati Profile