Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Should you start buying stock now?

That seems to be on everyone's mind. Durable Goods orders were bad this morning but this indicator tells you what happened last month as does the unemployment numbers. But to determine if this is the time to get back into the market one has to ask 2 questions. First, can you afford to buy stock given your individual financial condition? I can't answer that for anyone but myself. The second question is this. What has the U.S. Government been doing with their money? Well from what I see they are throwing as much money as they can print into solving this problem. And they are "investing" significant amounts of money into the financial sector and most likely will bail out the auto industry as well. So if the government thinks banks and auto companies are a good investment at this time, why don't you?

I think it is a very good time to be buying back into the market selectively. I have been suggesting to my readers to buy Ultra ETF funds, as a way of getting in. I was asked by a reader if I sold my SSO yesterday and the answer is No. Even though pre-market looks like a down day, I am semi confident we will finish the day positively. I will either sell it near the close, hold it till Friday or Monday and see what transpires. I could take the profit and most others should have, but I tend to be patient and wait till I know more clearly the market's direction. Besides SSO is down from the closing price yesterday, BUT it is up from pre-market price, even though the market is down at the open.

I ventured into Ford Motor company at $1.49 on Friday and Monday and may buy more going forward. I like the way the chart looks these past 4 days. It hit $1.80 in pre market so we will see where it ends today. Good luck and Happy Thanksgiving.

Labels: , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Technorati Profile