Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Apple UPDATE re Steve Jobs

Steve Jobs, Apple CEO announced after the close that he is taking a medical leave till June, while dealing with the hormone imbalance issue he cited in earlier press releases, during the Mac World Conference. He said it turns out that it was more complicated a problem than earlier reported and he will use the time to deal with it, but will stay involved in Apple on strategic issues for the next 5 months.

Sorry I didn't see this coming and had recommended the stock at $85-$86/share. In after hours the stock has slumped on the news to $79. I still believe the company is a good investment but we need to digest the news and the timing of the current market drop. Sorry on this one and hope you didn't jump in with both feet as I had advised only a 1/3 investment of the shares you were thinking of purchasing. I will watch the action over the next few days to see the fallout and let you know what I am doing with the stock. I may add more or I may sell. Can't say at this moment.

I know we all wish Steve Jobs the best and for a speedy recovery.

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Technorati Profile