Friday, March 20, 2009

Trades made today: Taking profits and preserving capital the game.

I wanted to alert my readers of several moves I am making today. I sold my Ford at $2.73/share. I sold my shares of SSO which I had purchased at $17.48 and $21,57 for $19.55/share. I purchased shares of the ETF Ultra Short TZA for $58.52/share and sold some of my TNA shares at $17.57/share. I still hold TNA but have hedged against a market reversal, as I see the rally stalling today. It truly may be running out of steam propelled from good news. Yesterday's AIG fiasco, regarding bonuses paid to those who created the problem for AIG requiring government bailout funds, may have taken its toll on this leg up. I continue to hold Citigroup.

Taking profits and preserving capital in this crazy market is always wise.

UPDATE: 9:00am

The Ford round trip netted me a profit of 43.7%

The SSO round trip on those shares were a wash. No profit and no loss.

Labels: , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Technorati Profile