Thursday, January 07, 2010

Miscellaneous tidbits

I wanted to update my Blog readers in the face of a very quiet news time right now. Yesterday I bout additional shares of the ETF Ultra Short on Silver, symbol ZSL. I got the shares for $4.07/share. When the speculation on Gold and Silver abates, and the prices in those metals drop, I want to make a nice profit. Since Silver usually drops much more than Silver, I figured that was the better play.

Over the next 30-45 days the market direction will become much clearer with the Earnings season for last quarter being reported for the history books. The real question to ask yourself is this. Will the improvements in earnings this year really be enough to justify these high prices for stocks or will a correction finally happen? Unemployment isn't really going to get better anytime soon so when the Unemployment rate for December is announced tomorrow don't be surprised.

This month is going to be cold for many of us, but we know that it too will eventually end and warmer days will be ahead. Stay warm!

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Technorati Profile