Sunday, May 15, 2011

6th Anniversary for my Blog

May is a special month for me for a number of reasons. It is my anniversary month for starting many things. However today I celebrate the fact that it is also the anniversary of this Blog which I started on May 11th, 2005. My first post was titled, "Judicial Nominations: Do common people really care? " (You can click on the name at it will take you to my first Blog post) At that time I was getting upset and wanted my voice to be added to the debate of the day about the Supreme Court and other stately topics of concern about our country, like having John Bolton as U.S Ambassador, which I did not believe was in the best interests of our country after such great men as Henry Cabot Lodge. So I voiced my concerns back then. And here I am today, having completed 6 years of writing.

The site has morphed into something on politics and the stock market, but that is where my interests lie these days. This week I mark the milestone of over 69,000 visitors to my site over these 6 years and they have read over 110,000 of my Blog pages. If you have been one of those who have glanced at my writings, either by mistake or by deliberate intentions, thank you.

When I started writing my Blog, my purpose was to get as many to read and hear my words as possible. From those beginning posts my purpose for writing has changed. I now write to document my points of views as a historical legacy of my time here on earth and where was my brain activity focusing on. I am not sure it was the wisest use of my time, but it is what it is. I wonder if I am addicted to writing my Blog and can't stop, but clearly I can as I took off about 10 days to go back east and felt no compulsion to write here at all. :)

I realize there are many who visit here from doing a search of key words and because I have written for such a long time I must have covered what you are looking for at least once, with those key words I entered in my tags.

Well, whatever the reason you ventured here, I hope it wasn't a total waste of your time. I know we are all connected here on mother earth and throughout the Universe. We are connected to everything and everyone we like and dislike, but through this technology, these connections are made more aware to us. We are connected to athletes around the world, to uprisings throughout the world, dictators and common people throughout the world, and to those in the world who call themselves "Anonymous." Thanks to you all. Now go do something more important! :)

Labels: , , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Enrique said...

Hi Charles:

Congratulations on this anniversary! I read and enjoy your blog daily. Sometimes I agree, sometimes I disagree and I comment on it and that is great. I thank you for bringing up so many interesting facts, issues, positions and ideas.

Well done my friend

Enrique

10:07 AM  
Blogger Charles Amico said...

Thanks Enrique. Your comments are always appreciated as is your friendship. You are correct, we don't always agree with each other, but we can discuss our views openly and know they are respected.

11:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Technorati Profile