Monday, July 04, 2005

America vs. the World? Arrogance or Peace?

Link
I have decided to make this special posting because of the importance to me of this topic. Please take the time to read the entire posting below for the Post comments under Bush's Speech- Justifying the war or securing the peace? It will help better understand the totallity and context of Iraqigirl's comments. Thank you.

Iraqigirl added this comment today (selected segments taken):

And I would like to say “Happy Fourth” what ever that means to you. Not that I care or believe in its core issues but I just want to show my respect for those who deserve it and who I believe would return it back when needed.

Salemi, apology accepted. Thank you for not being stubborn. Well I don’t have much to say because everything is said. Charles has put it sooo….. Clearly “The problem is that we the United States think we know what is best for them” Yes this is totally what I wanted to say.

You guys should fight this arrogance your government is showing all over the world because this very thing would be the foundation for your destruction. It is innate behavior of any nation to fight back when there is so much disgracing intrusion by an outsider. I can guess how long it would take for every one of American’s to realize this because they believe (or made to believe) that they can do any thing because they are the super powers. Any ways there is never better way to listen to others comment and try to understand their points of view.

Peace


Thanks Iraqigirl. I wish you peace and good health.

The 4th of July here in America we celebrate the fact that many years ago we had fought for our freedom and won against the British, who were a Colonial power at that time, so that today we are free to express our views, like on this Blog and in public without fear of harm from those in power. Today you too can write on my Blog without fear, I hope and pray, but we know that many in the world do not have this freedom. Today I pray for them and for their deliverance through peaceful means.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Charles thank you again for taking up this topic to the top. “Today I pray for them and for their deliverance through peaceful means.” Yes this is what we all wish except for those blood trusty men from all sides. So we all should be very wise not to echo the words of these groups. We shall fight for the truth for the truth shall prevail no matter how much these pervert people want to twist it and destroy it.

Pease

2:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Technorati Profile