Sunday, April 09, 2006

Regime change? Is Iran the focus or should the U.S be the focus?


Link
According to an article in the New Yorker by Seymour Hersh, President Bush has already made up his mind to go to war with Iran and to use Tactical Nuclear Weapons. If true, we are in deep trouble and need to consider impeachment of BOTH President Bush and VP Cheney, and the sooner the better. We all knew we were going into Iraq, almost from the very beginning of this Administration, without anyone declaring it. The same is true here. We have a couple of madmen running our country to say nothing of the madman running Iran. The article in the New Yorker may be totally untrue, but in today's Washington Post, there appears some truth in the fact "contingency plans" are being developed to look at options. God help us all. But we can't wait for God, as God helps those that help themselves. Wake up America and speak out!

There still may be a nagging question for you, as to whether Seymour Hersh is accurate in what he has written in this controversial article. That question could best be answered by looking at what Hersh wrote a year ago which was equally controversial when it was written. We now have the advantage of hindsight and we can determine how accurate he was back then. Here are some excerpts from a speech on March 29, 2005 given at New Mexico State University (Las Cruces). Remember that was a full year ago and just after his new book was published, "Chain of Command: The Road from 9/11 to Abu Ghraib."

"Bush is as absolutely convinced he’s doing the right thing,” "just as journalists are who think of themselves as white knights think they are doing the right thing." “Even if we have another thousand body bags, it won’t deter him.” (This was when we had 1,000 of our troops dead.) “This is where he (Bush) is. He believes he won’t be measured by today, but in 5 or 10 years” “he thinks it’s going well.” "Iran is “teed up.” He (Bush) is unreachable. I can’t reach him. He’s got his own world. This is really unusual and frankly, it scares the hell out of me.” “It’s as if we’ve been taken over by a cult of 8 or 9 people who decided the road to stop international terrorism led to Baghdad,” “That 8 or 9 people can change so much...Where was the military, the Congress, the press? What has happened raises the question about the thinness of the fabric of democracy.”

Now do you still think Hersh was and is crazy? I don't!

1 Comments:

Blogger Charles Amico said...

Since you were a bit confused by my post, I will try to clear up what I am suggesting. I am saying we should consider impeaching both the President and the VP. I am not saying anything more than that. I was also trying to give some rationale as to why Seymour Hersh might be reliable on this story. I don't know if it is accurate, and suggest I don't know. But this is what happens when both the President and VP lose credibility with the American people. I just don't know what to believe from either of them any longer. If you are as concerned as yuo seem to suggest at my post, why don't you speak to the Administration about being more forthright and honest with all of us. And, by the way, this comes from someone who voted for Ronald Reagan for President when he was running against Jimmy Carter. I am not a left wing nut and either are other concerned citizens. If I were President Bush and VP Cheney, I would ask myself the following question, "How did I create such a skeptical population and media?" And don't suggest it is the media either as the source of their problems. The media gave them both a pass for far too long. If you are true patriots, start reassessing your own position. And I would suggest reading more of my posts to get a better flavor of what I am thinking. Thanks for your comments.

10:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Technorati Profile