Monday, October 23, 2006

Advantages of voting absentee

Today, my wife and I filled out our absentee ballot for the uocoming election. Over 40% of the residents of the county vote absentee. I don't know what they % of absentee ballots is for our state of California, nor do I know about other states. But I was listening to the media and when they say, If the election were held today, the Democrats would win the election in a landslide. I don't know if this is true but I can tell you that for many the election is now history and only the counting of the votes remain. By casting an absentee ballot, you can be sure there is a paper trail. As long as they don't get lost, the vote is counted but that is a big assumption. After the election is complete, I am going to see if I can determine if my vote was counted, as I have a receipt and a number that is also on my ballot, and I should be able to trace the vote. I'll let you know.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Technorati Profile