Saturday, November 01, 2008

Being a Class Act and doing the right thing for Hillary

Well we are in the final days before a historic election of epic proportion. We may see a reenergized youth the likes of which we haven't seen since JFK. In examining why Barack Obama has done so well, there are several important events that have shaped his ascendancy. The first was the writing of his book, The Audacity of Hope. My wife and I listened to his book on tape several years ago and I was impressed with several things. The first was how well he spoke with confidence, but in a quiet, peaceful tone. Secondly, I was surprised at his openness, vulnerability and the detailed revelations he decided to include in the book. I strongly recommend reading it if you haven't already. I was so impressed with him and what he said, it lasted me for months.

The other major event that shaped and honed his skill, as a new politician on the National scene, was his debates with Hillary Clinton. She helped him hone his message, handle difficult and skilled assaults, which would prepare him for his campaign against John McCain and the Bush Administration.

Hillary could have packed up and retreated in the past months as well as Bill Clinton, but they didn't. They have done all they could, especially Hillary, in helping bring supporters to Barack Obama. She has done everything asked and more. Now those here who have read my many posts know that I have never been a fan of Hillary Clinton. However, I feel much is due her and the best thing that Barack and the rest of us can do is to help her now and pay off her debt from the Primary. I am not sure how this can be done legally, but I am sure there are ways. One of Barack's first actions after the election should be to help her with her debt. It will pay off in the healing in the Democratic Party and show Hillary there Are rewards in life for doing the right thing. She did the right thing and that has caused me to reevaluate my view of her in a much more positive way. Thanks Hillary!

Labels: , , , , , , ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

A really astute and lifelong Democrat recently observed that, in the primaries, Obama was winning the small, in electoral votes, states while Hillary was winning the large ones. I agree that her debt needs to be paid off somehow.
Federal legislation regarding political organizations makes it very difficult for groups/clubs to help other than local/state candidates.
It will be up to individuals who will respond to the call

6:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Technorati Profile