There is lots of news today and the blame game is just getting started. Both Democrats and Republicans have crippled this country and we are responsible for electing all of them. If you want to see the state of your nation look at this chart and report
on the National Debt and who has been responsible for recking the economy of this country. It is clear to me that Reagan and both Bush Administrations have done most of the economic damage to ruin this country. You can see from the chart that during the Clinton Years, although debt rose, there was a change in the slope of the curve, flattening it, and even possibly decreasing the debt. The past 5 years under Bush has shown the steepest climb ever in history. So much for being a "conservative"!
How can we bring the debt down as concerned Americans? I suggest the following. First, we need to vote all incumbents from Congress out of office in 2006 and 2008, both Democrats and Republicans alike. This will send a message to the Senate they had better get control of the finacial troubles of our country and stop the pork spending. Secondly, we need to replace them with individuals who have not been in public office before. But we need people who have demonstrated a good record of cost cutting and excellent financial results in their businesses. Thirdly, we need to change the tax system so that everyones burden is comparable. Right now the burden falls on the poorest amongst us and the rich get tax breaks and that includes big oil interests.
Speaking of Oil interests, look at this list of problems we have endured in the past 5 years and what connects them:
• High Oil, Gasoline and Natural Gas prices. Who in govenment was responsible for our Energy policy and in bed with oil companies? Dick Cheney
• Leaking of CIA person to Scootter Libby. Who gave the name to Libby? Dick Cheney
• War in Iraq and no WMD's. Who promoted the war and the fear that there were Nuclear Weapons in Iraq? Dick Cheney
• No bid contracts to Halliburton in Iraq and in New Orleans. Who was CEO of Halliburton and still has a financial interest in the company? Dick Cheney
• 9/11 Commission testimony by Bush. Who testified with Bush at 9/11 commission and not under oath? Dick Cheney
• A government of arrogance, secrecy and maximum control of information. Who has refused mostly to provide information to the public? Dick Cheney
I guess I am just sick of our government but I feel a lot better just writing it all down here.