Friday, April 21, 2006

Global Warming - Who cares? You should!


Link
Some very alarming evidence has been reported recently on Global Warming and the fact that we may only have less than 10 years to make some major changes in World government policies and more specifically U.S. policy's regarding the Environment. PBS's show, NOVA, had a program titled Dimming Sun, which I strongly recommend watching. Featured were a number of prominent scientists, including, but not limited to, Dr. James Hansen, Director of the Goddard Institute for Space Studies, as well as Dr. Gerald Stanhill of the Israeli Agriculture Ministry. To get directly to the bottom line, their conclusions are that Global Warming is not only real but accelerating beyond what most experts have suggested in recent years and that, if the world does not make significant changes in the next 10 years, the damage to the planet will be permanent and irreversible. The ice will melt, oceans will rise and much of our seaside cities will experience a loss of usable property and buildings due to catastrophic flooding. I got the message loud and clear and realized because our President doubts the past claims of the reality of Global Warming created by man, we are in for at least 2 1/2 years, out of the 10 remaining ones, following the same ineffective policy and there doesn't appear that anything will be done. Talk about Crimes against Humanity, this surely is one by acts of omission and inactivity from this Administration. This Administration does not want Dr. Hansen's voice to be heard, so please make sure you watch this show! Link to PBS and program

UPDATE: Earth Day, April 22, 2006

When I posted this several days ago I didn't even know that today was Earth Day. I guess many of us think every day is Earth Day!

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I too, saw the Nova special, and was alarmed. We certainly need a change in leadership and policy towards this frightening issue.

6:11 AM  
Blogger Charles Amico said...

Agree with you Connie. And we can't wait for Congress or the Administration to act. Each of us can make a personal decision as I have to do something. Four years ago I converted my entire house to Solar Power. I have 45 Solar Panels on my roof which provide all the electricity I need in a year. I have 2 large Air Conditioners as well as marble floors that have electrical wiring under the floors which provide radiant heat in our home. I have not paid more than $185/year for an electric bill and all those charges were fees to be hooked up to the Grid. All excess electricity is pumped back into the Grid for the general public to use, while my electric meter goes in reverse. If anyone reading this wants to help consider using the passive sun to provide all your needs and get us off the need for Middle East oil. And I drive a car less than 4000 miles per year too, as I try to work from my home.

8:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

6:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why have you deleted the previous person's comment...
Anyway, I am not personally convinced by this global warming issue, as there is evidence that the world overall is cooling in some parts, and that the overall temperature rise may not be sufficient to make them dramatic catastrophes we are being warned about. However, I do believe in individual action, and that whether or not we are in for impending disaster, we should seek to live our lives and do our business in the least destructive way possible. I am just very wary of this climate change issue (like the threat of terror) being used to for political gains, and as a means of depriving people of their rights or development

5:00 AM  
Blogger Charles Amico said...

Nina, the reason for a post being deleted is always for vulgar language. I don't mind any dissenting voice as long as they use appropriate language. Thanks for your comment.

5:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Im a kid and i know that global warming is no laughing matter. Im making a powerpoint about it and sending it to everyone iknow

7:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Technorati Profile