Friday, September 15, 2006

Coincidentia? Really low Gasoline prices and mid term elections!




Am I the only one noticing the apparent coincidence of significantly lower gasoline prices vs. mid term election being less than 50 days away? Gasoline prices are down an average of $0.35-$0.40/gallon from a year ago, with over half of the reduction happening in the past 2 weeks. This is only 2 weeks from all the scare rhetoric about 9/11, Iran's Nuclear program and an increase in the sectarian violenece in Iraq.

I am a skeptic that all this is just coincidence. But voters can't say this Administration didn't have an Energy Policy and Plan. We are witnessing it right now. These low prices are a one time limited offer, which expires on Wednesday, November 8th, the day after the elections, and paid for by the American people through tax breaks for the Oil companies that they officially didn't ask for but nonetheless received in a year of record breaking profits in the Billions of $$$$$$$$$$$ dollars.

6 Comments:

Blogger Hops said...

I thought I was the only one who noticed this!

Ohhhh is this country gonna pay when the sheep drive up in their pickups and SUVs on voting day!

4:29 PM  
Blogger maria said...

My husband and I had made that
remark during the week.

I'm glad to read that we are not
the only ones thinking this way.

Let's hope that the voters will
see through this little trick.

Marie

12:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This very thing has been on my mind so I went searching the web for other similar observations/premonitions. I only hope that the electorate is not so influenced by short term reductions in the price of gas.

6:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm in the southeast. I paid $2.98 a "BP gallon" for regular gasoline 3 weeks ago; Yesterday I filled up at a BP station for $2.24 a gallon.

Am I cynic? I can be. Do I believe this remarkable drop in gasoline prices is directly related to the current regime's manipulation to stay in power? I do ABSOLUTELY!

Will the voters see through this little trick? Who cares...look how cheap gas is these days and what's up with Britney's new baby?

Dave in Atlanta

11:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aright... Obviously we must know the republicans are smarter than that. We as Americans are so easily blinded by whats new. We are like babys who are given a pacifier. And I think when most of us go to the voting booths for this mid-term election, we're going to let the drop in gas prices sit heavy in our mind, and I think that was the republicans plan all along. My prediction; Gas prices go rise to about $2.70 per gallon by december.

5:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It won't matter either way. The democrats are responsible for the high gas taxes (in the blue states and the republicans / OPEC are responsible for the manipulation of the flow of petrol. While the republicans definately want your vote, the ones with the most power (corporations) only care that you vote democrat or republican, because they can get to either party to have their agenda pushed. If you doubt it compare these 2 maps...

Compare this:

Gas map

To this:

Electoral map

The democrats want gas higher in the blue states which they control and the republicans want gas to go down in the states they control. The effect is to polarize so that the corporations get exactly what they want; a knee jerk down the line democrat or republican vote.

Alot of people know the correlation between gas and politics, but it doesn't matter if they see through it or not because there is nothing the voter can do about it except vote 3rd party. But they never do that because of their fear that if they do that "they're throwing their vote away".

Rest assured that when Democrats get in, the corporations will work on them, buying them out and soon gas will be $3 + again in no time.

4:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Technorati Profile