Sunday, May 06, 2007

My 2nd Anniversary of Blogging- Thanks!

This is my second anniversary as a Blogger. I started the process by picking out a Template and learning some code, so that I could add simple things at first like underlining, bolding and using italics. Then I changed my Template to this format and have left it the same since.

It's been an excellent year for me as my readership has increased about 7 fold this year compared to last year. I want to thank all of you who have visited this site and found something interesting to read, even if you don’t agree with me. I don't investigate to make news but to report on the news on some topic that has bothered me or I want to praise someone. This past year, my main topic has been the Iraq war and the Bush Administration. It has occupied my thoughts, increased my frustration levels and made me wonder about the lot of us.

I have been disappointed in the American public and wondered how they can still support a President, Vice President and Administration that have obviously been so incompetent. Is it everyone is “too busy” to care about this stuff? I have wondered are we as a society so consumed with sex (avoidance or promotion) that anything related, if it involves the President, we want them impeached. But for going to war on lies and twisted logic, for spying by our government on Americans without Court approval, for ignoring laws passed by Congress with "Signing Statements" which say to government employees don't follow these parts of the law I have singled out, or for torturing people we call enemy combatants in violation of the Geneva Convention, we are all fine with that. Not me as you can see from what I have written this past year.

I heard on Bill Maher this Friday that the French have a voting record of about 85% of their citizens voting in every election. We can't even muster 50% as a nation even in the worst of times. Which usually means that less than 25% of us really elect our President and our Congress. Scary, isn’t it? That is why the Religious Right have gotten their way. They are well out of proportion of the rest of the population, but THEY VOTE! And yet we scorn the French. Go figure. Maybe if we had listened to them we wouldn't have gone into Iraq in the first place and found ourselves with this mess on our hands.

Yes, you can see this Administration is the cause of my getting interested in speaking out. I guess I have to thank George Bush and Dick Cheney for contributing to the Blogger community as they have single handedly created and promoted a new voice of Democracy: Bloggers. I am proud to be called one and proud to be associated with all those great Blogs I enjoy reading: The Moderate Voice, Kiko's House, Cognitorex, Sideways Menchen, Foreign Policy Watch, Salon.com, Andrew Sullivan of Time, Centrist Blog Digest, Charging RINO, The Debate Link and BackTalk.

Labels: , , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Jeb Koogler said...

Thanks, Charles! I enjoy reading your blog, as well. I'll be sure to drop by more often to leave comments, by the way, since I often have thoughts but I rarely seem to post them.

8:57 AM  
Blogger cognitorex said...

Congratulations on your great blog Charles. Keep on keeping on. Democracy needs your voice in the mix.

12:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Technorati Profile