Sunday, May 20, 2007

Largest U.S. Embassy in the World to open in Iraq in September

Plans have been moving ahead for an Embassy in Iraq and that its total cost is expected to be $592 Million and occupy over 120 acres of prime land in Baghdad. It is to be the largest Embassy in the world. It should hold at least 1000 personnel according to reports and is scheduled to open in September. They claim this has been built with blast proof walls and it will be safe. This prediction is brought to you from the same people that expected this to be a cake walk and that the Iraqi's would welcome us with flowers.

My thoughts on this are this was another bizarre byproduct of this Administration. My suggestion is that both President Bush and Vice President Cheney should be the first residents of this Embassy and move their offices there, as soon as possible. I believe in accountability for this war and that there needs to be consequences for good and bad decisions. If this is a good idea, then those that think it is a good idea should be willing to be the first residents there. Besides, if the Iraqi's love us so much they should welcome the both of you with open arms. I'm sure they have that in mind if you choose to take up the offer, but the "arms" they will offer are of a different variety, I would suspect.

Labels: , , , , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Jeb Koogler said...

Charles,

Interesting post. I have heard about this embassy but, now that I think about it, I'm not sure if I know why exactly they are making it the biggest in the world. Why is it bigger than our embassy in, say, Britain or Australia where our diplomatic ties clearly run much deeper?

Can you offer any insight into this question? I'm stumped.


Regards,

Jeb

9:30 PM  
Blogger Charles Amico said...

The largest Embassy in the world is in Rome currently. I know because my cousin is with the State Dept. and I have visited the Rome Embassy. I think the reason the are building the one in Iraq as the biggest Embassy is because of the OIL, and is the same reason we went there in the first place. Both Bush and Cheney are Oil men. The Oil agreement that was made by the Iraqis, which was forced down their throats and now is causing difficulty with many Iraqi Parliament members, has made US Oil companies as key Board voting members for rights to the oil, drilling etc. and not the Iraqis.

5:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Technorati Profile