Wednesday, December 02, 2009

I support President Obama's decision regarding Afghanistan. Do you?

I listened to President Obama last night giving his rationale for adding more troops in Iraq. While I wish we weren't there I do support the President and his strategy. He gave this process a good chance to evaluate all options and I am convinced he chose the least worst decision. We must allow this to play out as the General's have put together their best thinking. We took over Afghanistan in a very short period, so I am hopeful we can do it again, thanks to our brave and committed soldiers and their families. I hope both NATO and Afghanistan President Hamid Karzai lives up to our expectations here or this won't work.

Labels: , , , ,

4 Comments:

Anonymous TN - Tom said...

I support the increase in troops. Getting out would have easily strengthened the Taliban position. The Taliban will always be a threat, but, by bringing in more troops to the country, training the Afghans to protect themselves and increasing their police force, it will decrease the Taliban threat.

5:37 PM  
Blogger Minneloushe said...

We all hope improvements may be made, however, people with more knowledge than I seem to think Afghanistan is not really a "country" in the sense we use the term. It is more like a feudal state or a territory ruled by various mafia families. There is not much chance for a government there. That said, I think Obama is very smart, and I'll try and give him the benefit of the doubt. The speech was not his best, because it was (a) too political and (b) too close to sounding like Bush. But he is attempting to at least define the mission. And at least he can pronounce the word nuclear.

7:23 PM  
Anonymous Cinnamon said...

It's tough to have such a big responsibility and to have to make such big decisions. He has the information and I am sure he has the interest of the world. I trust President Obama.

9:55 PM  
Blogger Minneloushe said...

Yes, I basically trust him, much more than most politicians. That doesn't mean he cannot be led astray by powerful influences both military and political. His presidency is still very young. He's wet behind the ears, as they say, and yet been thrown into the deep end of the pool - or, rather, had to jump overboard to rescue a drowning passenger during a very rough crossing of the English Channel ! / jw

1:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Technorati Profile