Sunday, February 20, 2011

Milestone achieved for me. 1500 Blog posts written!

Yes, I reached a milestone yesterday as I have posted 1500 Blog posts. I couldn't believe it until I saw it on my counter. In had never ever written a thing before starting this Blog. I didn't think I could do it and if I started it, I wasn't sure I would keep it up. I started this Blog in May of 2005 because I was angry about what I thought Bush and Cheney were doing to ruin our country. My first post was written questioning the wisdom of John Bolton's selection as Ambassador to the UN. I think looking back my fears were warranted as he turned out to be a terrible UN Ambassador.

I also wrote in that month with my objections to changing the Senate Rules about the Filibuster. It is interesting that back then it was the Republicans wanting to eliminate the filibuster rule but it took 14 brave Senators including some Republicans to join Democrats in stopping the effort. Interestingly, the same issue was proposed by a Democratic Senate recently but cool heads prevailed and several Democrats joined Republicans to keep the current Rule.

So this has been an adventure for me over the 6 years and now my blog includes stock market views as well as political views. Thanks to all of you who have visited and those who took the time to leave a comment. I have had well over 65,000 visitors in these 6 years who have read over 125,000 pages of my Blog. Hooray! :)

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Technorati Profile