Wednesday, April 11, 2007

I don't like the war but I like Gates


True, today Secretary of Defense, Robert Gates, held a news conference over changes to deployment of our soldiers in the field. Gates was angry with one of his own as they let him down. I am sure this individual got the message a new man is leading the Defense Dept. I wasn't sure how I would feel about Gates, but over several months I have come to the conclusion that we are lucky to have him. He is a straight shooter, obviously wants to do the right thing for the troops with respect to sharing the burden equally and trying to create a sense of predictability. I know he doesn't have time to read Blogs, but I just want to say God Bless you for serving your country so well and for thinking how best to improve the lives of the families and soldiers serving their country.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Technorati Profile