Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Where do we go from here in this market? You can guess, can't you?

Well the Dow rose 127 today and did get over 7.970 but not go over 8,000. Yesterday I said you would have a chance to buy TZA as it was not too late. So did you today? Or do you think the market is going up as the major direction going forward? Right now to me long term is only a couple of months at best. Too much uncertainty to predict with any authority. The best that can be done is short term "indicators" or as I like to call them, guesses.

Yes, you had a chance today to buy the Short ETF, TZA, or other short ETF's. I figure there is more downside risk right now than upside opportunity but we may just stay in a very narrow range and try everyone's patience. I was asked why the market has held up as it has.By the way, Volume was lower today than yesterday again.

The reason I see the market holding up, as it has, is the new money, which has gone into retirements most likely last week. It may be burning a whole in people's pockets and they want to invest it while there are still "bargains". That's what Warren Buffet thought when GE was $20/share. Now it's $11.70/share. You do what you think is best for you. If you Investment advisor has something to "sell" you on, ask a lot of questions before parting with your hard earned cash. Everyone is trying to use other people's money to make money, and that includes me. I'm doing it in the market itself and not trying to get something from my readers. So thanks for stopping by and please come again. Oh, and if you haven't taken that Mini poll on my right margin this month, please do. It will take less than 10 seconds. You have yourself a good day and remember what is really important in your life. Chances are you aren't spending as much time as you like on it. Maybe a readjustment is in order. All the best in correcting that situation.

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Technorati Profile