Monday, April 04, 2011

Free Speech issue?

If it is illegal to yell "Fire!" in a theater because it could stampede moviegoers and cause physical harm or even death with people panicking to leave the theater, why isn't it illegal to burn the holy book of the Quran? Seems to me both are Free Speech issues and we have already decided that yelling Fire is not protected by Free Speech.

Labels: , ,


Anonymous Anonymous said...

The act of burning the Quran was incited by a "man of the cloth". As I heard the discussion on either Thom Hartmann or Randy Rhoades today, I thought the best comment was from the woman who said that preachers need to preach acceptance not rejection, love not hate, and constructive dialog not destructive actions.

8:48 PM  
Blogger Scott R said...

I'll jump on this one, where is the outrage about the christian churches being burned to the ground, Mainstream media will not report on that, or how about Christians being burned alive where is the outrage on that or the coverage. Yes burning the Koran was wrong but it is nothing compared what else is going on. As for the moderate muslims they do not exist! why? because when that 10% of radicalized ( whatever religion ) can do what ever they want the the other 90% of their religion does nothing to stop it they are just as complicate as the 10%.

3:48 PM  
Blogger Charles Amico said...

Thanks for the comments Scott and Anonymous.

Yes there is plenty of blame to go around.

4:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Technorati Profile