Saturday, May 20, 2006

Admitting a mistake- Does anyone, anymore?



Link
I posted an article last week, from Truthout's Jason Leopold, regarding Karl Rove's possible indictment coming on the CIA leak case. Well, it turns out that Leopold was too far "ahead of the story". What a way to make an apology for being wrong (at least so far) on the story. The lame apology wasn't even made by Leopold but by the Executive Director of Truthout.com, Marc Ash.

When I wrote my post on May 13th, I said after reading Leopold's post, "Right now it is all speculation and the connecting of some interesting dots." He had never stated it was speculation but was fact. I apologize for any misleading claims that you may have gotten reading my post. I'll be even more careful in the future when referencing other bloggers.

When someone makes a mistake, it is best to own it immediately. I can understand why people have not been embraced this practice. It is because the daily role modeling we see demonstrated by our elected officials, especially of the leadership and their appointed ministries, is just the opposite. They use "blaming others", as the means of educating us on the proper response when one is wrong. I am speaking here of President Bush, VP Cheney, Alberto Gonzales and Donald Rumsfeld. There hasn't been one apology from them on not finding the Weapons of Mass Destruction in Iraq, the failed winning of the peace there, the change in the definition and use of torture by the U.S. military in Abu Ghraib and the terribly wrong estimates of the costs of this war. Tony Blair of Great Britain has been more of a role model, as he has owned his errors in public amid much criticism that he is a strong supporter of George Bush. Nevertheless, my admiration for Blair is much higher than of this President and his Cabinet and most of the admiration comes from his admitting when he has made mistakes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Technorati Profile