Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Summary of a recommended roundtrip trade

Summarizing the trade roundtrip for the ETF Ultra Shorts, SDS and TZA, shows the following analysis. Starting with a recommended purchase of SDS was made on 2 dates and prices. The first was made on Dec. 6th at a price of $70.50 and the second was made on Jan. 5th at $65.70. The sell price today for me was at $86.90. My average price was $67.75 so I made a 28.3% profit on SDS and if you followed me yours is close depending on your average price per share. If you only made the initial purchase at $70.50 then your profit was 23% and if you made all your purchases at my second recommended price then you did even better with a profit of 32.3%. Not bad for a 6 week investment.

As for TZA, I recommended it also on Dec. 6th for $53.50/share and recommended another purchase on Jan. 6th when price was $42.86/share. I sold my shares today at $67.24/share. The profit on an average price of $53.50/share is 26% and if you added shares at the lower price of $42.86/share then your profit was 56.9% profit.

Today I started buying the ETF Ultra Pro fund, SSO for $21/share as I am expecting that after we retest the lows we will snap back to go to the top of the range again. On the Dow that would be going back to 9,300.

We are in a tight low range and may continue in that tight range for some time.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Technorati Profile