Saturday, October 08, 2011

Should we link a Job's Plan with Taxing Millionaires?

What's wrong with a quid pro quo when it comes to a Millionaires Tax to pay for a Job's Plan? I'll tell you what's wrong with it. And I do support a Job's Plan and I support a tax on Millionaires. What I don't support is a link of a tax increase specifically implied to pay for it, rather than paying for the general expenses of the government. You see it sets a precedent. We know our taxes go to pay a piece of every government program and expense. But if we start down this path think about how many will say they don't want to pay the part of their taxes that pays for our Military or they don't want to pay for their part of the IRS or the Energy Dept., or the EPA.

I think we should get more taxes to help offset the expenses and debts we have incurred at this time in our economy. And I think those increased taxes would be best obtained from those who have had the most tax breaks and can best afford it. That means taxing the Millionaires and Billionaires a little more. And we should couch those increases as needed to help us fund the government, not just a Job's program. Fairness in taxation is a must.

What do you think? Leave a comment.

Labels: , , , , , ,

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Charles,
I agree with you. I am no expert in economics, just a retired special education teacher, but I do know that no one "makes it" on his own. It truly does take a village, not only to educate a child but, also, to become wealthy in any community. Taxes are the means of continuing our social order.

8:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hadn't considered your idea. I just wanted those who could pay more to ante up their fair share. As always the devil is or will be in the details, but, to be able to select what you WON'T pay for is very dangerous.

9:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

At this point in time, is a problem that has snowballed after years and years of abuse. What am I speaking of? The two party system. Democrat and Republican. Bring in a totally unafiliated team to break this cancer, that has plagued the good ole USA!

6:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Technorati Profile