Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Presidential powers to Pardon

I have listed all the abuses of power from Bush and Cheney in previous posts. But today, as I was driving home in my car and listening to the news on the radio, I heard something that enraged me. I know I shouldn't be surprised by these two any longer as they have reached beyond my wildest dreams of arrogance and abuse of powers by the Executive Branch. But today, they went even farther over the line, so I thought.

The CBS anchorman reported that the President, using his Presidential powers, granted two pardons today. As the words were spoken my mind raced ahead. At first, I thought of possibly a pardon for Scooter Libby. He doesn't deserve it for lying under oath. But the commentator said there were two pardons. Then I thought immediately, how dare he grant himself and VP Cheney a pardon! It's premature and the Democrats won't even assume their official duties untill January. Then I remembered, it was Thanksgiving tomorrow and the news commentator was talking about 2 "other" turkeys; the ones really deserving a pardon. I guess I need a well-deserved rest from this political season. I'll promise to take one, if you do too. Happy Thanksgiving! :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Technorati Profile